Tuesday, December 11, 2012

A Prayer at the Vertical Crossroads ...



Standing at the vertical crossroads
Standing tall on bended knees

Kneeling at the foot of a stairway to the clouds
When the spell was finally broken down

What remains is pulled in two different directions
Feeling an uneasy wanderlust in my soul

A journey stopped short at these crossroads
The decision to turn back is no longer mine to hold

Scanning the unseen distant horizon
Imagining vividly the outlying realm beyond

Searching for the lighthouse lantern burning
Listening for the Mission bell’s ringing song

"Guide my ship home to safe harbor"
Hope's shining white light of amazing grace... beckons me on

Take my hand my sweet Lord, please guide me ~
Reach out and touch my heart and soul...

Will all my trials soon be over?
Is it truly darkest before the dawn?

I'm drowning in a river of my own tears
For the shame of fear in doing wrong

Faith assures we were never born to drown here
Safely crossing many rivers wide going home

 One love cannot stay on hold forever
A heart needs a home...



Harlon Rivers ... December 11th, 2012


No comments: